Title: Marketing Manager, Content Design
Location: Los Angeles, CA or Boston, MA
Oceanworks® is on a mission to eradicate ocean plastic pollution by reclaiming the value of plastic waste. Our global marketplace for recycled plastic materials and products removes barriers to adoption for brands. In short, we make waste plastic as easy, reliable and convenient to use as virgin plastic. Our business directly supports the circular economy by intercepting plastic waste before it enters the environment and providing material options that reduce the use of new materials. Our team is young, energetic, group-oriented and fast-paced. We work extremely hard but have fun along the way. Join us! Let’s design a world without plastic pollution. Learn more at: www.oceanworks.co.
Job Overview: Full Time
Fast paced and growing B2B services company seeking qualified, driven, and energetic candidates to join the team as a content design focused marketing manager. Oceanworks is actively engaged in the removal and repurposing of discarded plastic pollution through an online marketplace with plastic resins sourced from around the globe. We’re looking for a Content Design Marketing Manager with strong storytelling and messaging skills as well as a keen eye for design. In this role, you’ll oversee the content design strategy, develop and distribute timely, relevant content for audiences and advance Oceanworks mission and vision through effective storytelling and visuals.
Apply at: https://oceanworks.co/pages/careers.
Applicants should include a digital portfolio of sample work with their resume.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, write, design content and messaging strategies that can scale across channels
- Craft high-quality content including articles, blogs, press releases, email marketing messages, case studies, presentation content, surveys, and web content to engage and convert target customers
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our company’s tone and mission. You write clean, concise, well-polished copy
- Develop a content strategy that supports creating thought leadership, driving awareness, nurturing sales, and closing deals. The goal is to position Oceanworks as a trusted source of information.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar
- Edit content produced by other team members, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and overseeing development and copy-editing prior to publishing
- Continuously measure and improve content performance leveraging Google Analytics and social media analytics tools
- Management of all creative resources including designers, writers, and other agency personnel. In partnership with designers, create, maintain, and distribute design guidelines, performing regular audits to ensure consistency across the organization
- Work with designers to build and maintain a library of enablement materials (website, one-sheeters, decks, competitor intelligence) to support Oceanworks teams
- Manage the Oceanworks website, email & social accounts
- Optimize delivery strategy for each piece of content by implementing best practices, and repeatedly test various tools, content formats, and distribution channels with various target audience segments
Qualifications & Competencies:
- 5+ years of content marketing or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related discipline
- Creative and innovative thinking with a willingness to take risk, fail fast, iterate, and learn
- Keen ability to write clean, concise, well-polished, persuasive copy
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, and spelling skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate complex ideas into straightforward and engaging customer-facing copy
Nice To Haves
- Experience with multiple content mediums, from websites to video to podcasts and beyond
- Experience owning and executing a topical content strategy and tracking results over time
- Experience working on a content team in the B2B and/or B2B2C software/technology space
- Experience with Web Content Management Systems, HTML, Marketo, and Adobe Creative Cloud Experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and working with popular keyword analysis tools (Google Ads, SEMRush, etc.)
- Writing experience in the sustainable materials industry or manufacturing industry is a major advantage, as is a background in B2B marketing